Monday, June 12, 2006

AY # 116: Spreading the legs and erecting the back

Can you sit comfortably on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you? If that presents any sort of challenge for you or even if you feel you can successfully do that but you'd like to get more of a feeling of sitting directly over your sitz bones in that position, this lesson is for you. The lesson illuminates the relationship between the hamstrings and the muscles of the back and helps to educate the student in how to effectively release so that sitting with the legs long, one can bend forward to touch the head to the floor. I couldn't do that during my first experience with the lesson, but this is a "problem" area for me and my ease and ability was noticeably improved through doing the lesson. It's a medium lesson on the strenuous scale and if the student is one who cannot sit in that long-legged position at all without support, it could prove very difficult to stick with the lesson all the way through (though with care and perseverance, I'm convinced that the reward could be great). I'm looking forward to doing this one at least a few more times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home